If you`re a high school senior who is planning on applying to college, you`re likely familiar with the Common Application. It`s a platform that allows students to apply to multiple colleges using one standardized application. One option that the Common App offers is Early Decision, which is a binding agreement between the student and the college they`re applying to.
To apply for Early Decision, students need to sign an agreement form. This form, known as the Common App Early Decision Agreement PDF, ensures that students understand the commitment they`re making.
The Common App Early Decision Agreement PDF for the 2019-2020 admissions cycle is available on the Common App website. It`s a two-page document that outlines the terms and conditions of the Early Decision agreement.
Here are some key points to keep in mind if you`re considering applying Early Decision:
– Early Decision is a binding agreement, which means that if you`re accepted, you`re required to attend the college.
– You can only apply Early Decision to one college, so make sure that it`s your top choice.
– If you`re accepted Early Decision, you need to withdraw all other applications to other colleges.
– You still have until May 1 to decide whether or not to attend the college, but you`re expected to attend unless there are financial or personal reasons that prevent you from doing so.
– If you break the Early Decision agreement, it could have consequences for your future college applications.
The Common App Early Decision Agreement PDF also includes information about financial aid. If you`re concerned about being able to afford the college you`re applying to, make sure to carefully read the section on financial aid.
Overall, applying Early Decision is a big decision that requires careful consideration. Make sure to read the Common App Early Decision Agreement PDF thoroughly before signing it, and talk to your parents, guidance counselor, and college admissions advisor to make sure it`s the right choice for you.